Course Title: Basic SWAT
Date: April 2 – April 5, 2018 (Monday – Thursday)
Time: 0700 - 1800 hrs.
This is a basic SWAT course designed to teach officers how to use basic SWAT tactics and techniques while working as a team. The course will show the officer how to safely handle high risk situations commonly encountered by SWAT officers. The training will cover close quarters battle, movement techniques, tactical shooting and threat assessment to include a final practical exercise. The training will be conducted by SWAT instructors and is very practical exercise intensive. Students are to be at the academy for the first day of training. Officers attending this training will need the following equipment:
- Issued service weapon, gun belt, and holster
- Entry Assault Rifle with tactical sling
- Flash bangs (1 per officer)
- 300 rounds of ammunition for the service weapon (no reloads)
- 400 rounds of rifle ammunition
- 150 rounds of UTM 5.56 simunition ammo (any color)
- 50 rounds of 9mm simuntion ammo (any color)
- Tactical body armor, hearing protection, impact resistant eye protection (High impact goggles)
- Nomex or Leather gloves
- Clothing suitable for tactical training including a long sleeve shirt (Please bring clothing suitable for defensive tactics training on Monday)
- Tactical boots
- Knee and elbow pads
- Kevlar helmets
- Chemical gas mask
- 1 canister of continuous burn CS gas per student
Class size: Limited to 25 students.
Pre-requisites: PERSONNEL ATTENDING THIS TRAINING SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS (INJURIES OR ILLNESSES)
Must be a member of a SWAT or emergency response team
In Service: 2 hours legal, 38 hours career development
Fee: No fee for member agency personnel.
$500 for non-member agency personnel.
Registration: Please contact Cindy Sarver at 540-375-3095 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.